Monday, July 17, 2006

What part of "illegal" don't you understand?

Yes, it IS another post concerning illegal immigration.

National Summary has a post concerning illegal immigrants. It illustrates the ridiculousness of what is happening with this issue, as well as many myths and a few facts you may not be aware of. Most of all, it contains some humor and a truckload of common sense.

Whenever you mention doing something about all the illegal aliens pouring across the borders (and an estimated population of 12 million is definitely more than a trickle), the first thing you hear out of a liberal’s mouth is the word “racist”. (The second thing is how they are only taking jobs that Americans “won’t take” – more on that later.) After that, you are told, passionately, that not all illegals are coming from Mexico (as if that makes it ok); some are coming from other countries, such as Russia, or Sweden, or even the United Kingdom and Canada.

Ok, fine, I believe that. It was never my opinion that all illegals are from Mexico. I did see an awful lot of Mexican flags waiving during the protest marches, however, and a dearth of flags from such places as Russia, the UK, Canada, or anywhere else for that matter. And somehow, I don’t think those kind souls with the banners reading “This is our continent not yours”, “We are indigenous! The only owners of this continent!”, and “If you think I’m illegal because I’m a Mexican, learn the true history, because I’m in my homeland”, were here from Sweden
.

We can't help but think of the shelters built for legal and illegal migrant workers around the country with no one seemingly bothering to think "Hmmm. I wonder if this would be a good place to find a few illegal workers?". Absurdity personified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home